Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wii Wednesday: Unfit Parent

So yesterday I decided to do my Wii Fit test and a little Wii fit training (BTW my Wii fit age is 31--yay!). As I've said before, the Wii is very smart.......it talks to you and gives you advice--sometimes too much. The Wii always remembers the last person who used it, so if you're the next person to use it, it will tell you a little about the previous person (ie: Sean had a good workout yesterday. Glad to see you're trying to catch up with him. Have you eaten breakfast this morning? You know, normal Wii talk.). Anyhoo, my 4 year old niece was the last person to use the Wii fit. So when I got on yesterday morning, the Wii started talking trash! It was like, "Kennedy's [my niece] balance was a hot mess last time. Have you noticed her falling over? Has her balance improved any?" So I just picked any answer and said no her balance has not changed. I was quickly clicking through the annoying prompts so the darn thing would shut up about my niece and focus on me and then this screen pops up:



What tha...?! Okay Mr. Wii fit, you've gone too far! I guess the Wii looked at our ages and assumed I was Kennedy's mother. I could be acting a little paranoid, but did the Wii just call me an unfit parent? Can you believe the nerve? I mean it used red font color and ended the statement with an exclamation point! I actually think it has an attitude with me. I must say, I still love the Wii, but dang it can get all up in your bizness! Has anybody else experienced this or is it just me?
~Joan

12 comments:

CG January 28, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

Why are you neglecting my child!!! LOL! Just kidding. The Wii Fit is very sarcastic...it needs an open handed smack in the mouth!

Hccm January 28, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Did you see IRobot with Will Smith a couple of years ago. The robots were all nice at first and then they tried to take over the world. I think that is going to happen with the Wii. Just kidding...or am I?

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Unknown January 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Are you for real? Did the Wii Fit actually say that? It is scary. Truly. Maybe I should leave that in the store!

Anonymous,  January 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

OMG!!!! I can't believe it said that. I think I will not bother my husband so much to get one or be envious of those who have one. But you know my husband and I would probably say no just so we can get responses. Maybe we shouldn't. Do you think it will contact the authorities in fear of us neglect our kids?

More Than Words January 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

LOLOLOLOL!! Oh my gosh...I am so not getting it!! It does have an attitude!! Kinda scary too!!!


Oh..and to answer your question about my pictures...I have all my old pictures in albums, but the ones I post on my blog, they are STILL on my computer!! I know..I need to develop them quick!

kel January 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Oh, no.. it... didn't!(shaking head side to side).

I want a wiifit.. but I don't want to be judged like that!

from the desk of ....me January 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

wow, i don't know if i want the wii fit if it's known for dipping and not filling buckets.

LORI January 31, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

OH, THAT'S JUST WRONG! BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED RING A BELL? WAY TOO MUCH INPUT FROM A MACHINE...

Eve January 31, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

That is HILARIOUS! And to think I bothered to blush when it asked me if I 'trip over air often' (in fact, I do).

Haha... I just read Stesha's comment and now I'm a little concerned that she might be correct!

Crazee Juls February 1, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

Oh My..... I'm laughing so hard,I have actual tears running down my face. That's hilarious. I was really ticked at my Wii Fit, when it turned the cute little Mii I had made for myself into a chunky tub-o-lard that can hardly do hoola hoop without looking like the "hoop" is a belt.

Laura Kay February 1, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Hilarious! Congrats on being saucy!

Amanda February 3, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

That is too funny! Kind of scary, too, but still funny!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP