Sunday, January 4, 2009

Spiritual Sunday: Impact Church

I would like to devote my Sunday posts to my interpretation of the sermons at Impact Church. Impact has really helped me grow closer to God, and what better way to honor the church publicly than by giving them a shout on my blog every Sunday.
Today's Scripture

Proverbs 4:20-27 My son, pay attention closely to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

Today's Sermon Title
Focus
Today's Message (talking points from Impact Church's pastor Olu Brown are in bold)
We have many opportunities that present themselves to us in our everyday lives. Once we make the decision to take advantage of an opportunity, it is important that we stay focused on that particular opportunity. Sometimes when we are afforded an opportunity we have competing interests or distractions that get in the way of us achieving our goals. Those competing interests are the things that seem really attractive at the time, but really are only there to draw our attention away from our purpose. It is up to us to look at opportunity, make a choice, focus on that choice, and allow nothing to stand in the way of that choice. Our choice becomes our destiny. Remain focused. Do your best, and trust God to take care of the rest. Have a blessed week!
~Joan

1 comments:

Hccm January 4, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Wow! That really does make a lot of sense. Thanks KGW I didn't go to church today, but thanks for bringing church to me.

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP