Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spiritual Sunday: A Week of Obama

I am dedicating this week's posts to the 44th President of the United States of America, Mr. Barack Hussein Obama!

Last week Reverend Kimbrough honored Barack Obama in his sermon entitled Yes We Can, and this week Pastor Brown continued the message of hope and change.

Today's Scripture

12 When Esther's words were reported to Mordecai, 13 he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. 14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"
15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."

Today's Sermon Title
Such A Time As This

Today's Message (talking points from Impact Church's pastor Olu Brown are in bold)

Like Esther, Barack Obama has been called to risk his life to lead his people--that's the dilemma. God calls us to lead, and we can choose fear or we can choose hope. We all know that our soon to be 44th President chose hope over fear. Thanks be to God that we have nothing to fear because He has already given us the solution and claimed the victory for us. All we need is for one person with a little bit of hope to decide to take a stand and the rest will follow. Think about how God wishes for us all to be like Esther. When God calls us, we must take action regardless of the risks involved. Esther proclaims, "if I perish, I perish." Today Olu said, "if we must die, let us die nobly... because what God is calling us to is greater than what we are leaving behind." As we enter into to this critical and joyous time of change in our country, let us not look back, but look forward and see who we can bless with the gifts and talents that God has given us. Amen!



God Bless,

~Joan

1 comments:

Hccm January 18, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

You always give us such inspiring post.

It's so funny, because my post for tomorrow is entitled Yes We Can. I guess the feeling is in the air for everyone.

2009 a year of change!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP