Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday: What this inauguration means to me...

The inauguration means that I can look my children in the face and believe that they can be anything they want to be. It means that I have seen something in my lifetime that my ancestors dreamed of and I never thought I would see. It means that we are more alike than unalike, and we are realizing that we are one human race. It means that the system can work, and the most qualified person for the job was chosen regardless of gender, race, age or religion. It means that hope and change are on the horizon. It means for the first time in my life, "I am REALLY proud to be an American" and part of the democratic process. It means that God answers prayers. To the Obama family and team, thank you for being an inspiration to the world. I pray for you every day. God bless!
~Joan

5 comments:

Lesley January 22, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Amen...the day has finally come...and I think it is perfect that it happend now..when we need to come together and support each other more than ever....Happy SITS day

Hccm January 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

So glad that we were blessed to see this day.

More Than Words January 22, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Our generation is definitely a part of history!

We are continuing to pray for him & the administration!!!

Anonymous,  January 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

I was so overwhelmed with joy. My sons can be looked at as a man, not as a black man, that may be a criminal. Their dreams can be as big as they want it to be. I completely agree with all that you are thankful for.

Valerie January 22, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Wanted to think you for stopping by my blog. I agree with your post. It's a new day and I am excited!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP