Saturday, January 17, 2009

Simple Obsession Saturday: Awards and Word Verification Pt. II


Thanks to Alicia at More Than Words, I have been given another blog award. Alicia has also introduced me to a cool way of displaying my blog awards--in a slideshow (see sidebar). Make sure you stop by Alicia's blog and show her some love. She gave this award to her new bloggy buddies, so I will do the same.


And the winners are...

Ryan Ashley Scott at Optimistic Cynicism





Thanks for being my new bloggy buddies!


Now on to more obsessive things. Last Saturday I told you about my simple obsession with Word Verification (WV). Well sad to say, it gets deeper. I've started up my own dictionary, and I'd like for you to humor me and play along. Below are the WV non-words and my proposed definitions. Just for sheer laughs, I'm asking all of you to either use one of the non-words in a sentence or come up with a better definition for one of the words, or you can do both if you're feeling extra jolly.


WV Non-Word Dictionary
Flations—big boobs that can be used as floatation devices
Calisms—phrases that are only known and spoken by Californians
Minesses--something that belongs to you
Pregi--nickname for a pregnant woman
Aminkeg--drunken frat boy utterance
Stater--one who states something--duh! (according to dictionary.com, this is a word, but this is not the "correct" definition)

~Joan

9 comments:

More Than Words January 17, 2009 at 4:28 AM  

Joan! I love the new layout!!! Looks good!!!!


LOL @ your defintion of flations!! hahaha!

Ryan Ashley Scott January 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

Thank you so much for the lovely award! How sweet! My first one!

Loving the WV - this is hilarious. I have another variation of minesses. For instance, my son has a bad case of the minesses after being forced to share his toys with baby cousin Prissy.

CG January 17, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

I like the new look! Light and refreshing! Your definitions cracked me up!!

3 Bay B Chicks January 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Hello, lovely. The new design looks good on you, Joan. Way to take your blogging to the next level.

And an award? For us? You are too kind. Thank you!

Now, let's get down to business.

Should calisms be revised to cali-isms? Examples could include "hella", "dude", and "WTF."

And how about changing aminkeg to amikeg, which would refer to a keg that Amish people drink.

How did I do?

-Francesca

Natalie Willis January 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Flations.....hehehehehhehehehehe. Let's just say if my plane ever goes down in the Hudson. Me and mine can save my family of 5 and about 12 others as well! :-) Too funny!
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  January 17, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Thank you so much for the Award and the love. This is my first Award and I am just speachless. I love the WV unfortunately I'm stuck, wait I think I got one.

The argument of to whom do my boobs belong to between my husband and 5-month old are a perfect example of minesses.

Love the new look by the way.

joanofalltrades January 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Hey Ladies! Thanks for participating in my simple obsession. Also, thanks for all of the positive feedback on my new look. I was a little worried, but I said what the heck, I'll take my husband's lead and open up for some change.

Alexis AKA MOM January 18, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Flations love it! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Stopping by from SITS ;).

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP