Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Timeout Tuesday: Haunted Hotel?


Last week I was staying at a Hampton Inn Hotel for work. I woke up in the morning and got into the shower. When I finished my shower, I opened the curtain and this is what I saw written on the mirror:

Jeffery,
Love you!
Love,
Your Wife

This picture is not what I saw, but it's very similar.

TIMEOUT! This was some stuff straight out of a horror flick. I was so freaked out by this. My heart started racing. I started praying and talking to myself out loud. I had to resist the temptation to go running into the hall naked and screaming for help. I am such a scaredy cat! I'm afraid of the dark and terrified of horror movies. This had to be some kind of a sick joke. Was I being punk'd?

I wiped the mirror off with a towel and got ready as fast as I could. I went down to the lobby still spooked. I told the lady at the front desk what happened and asked her to have someone Windex the hell out of that mirror. I told my co-worker who was staying there as well that if I got out of the shower the next day with another love letter on that mirror that I was getting the heck out of dodge and never coming back.

Thank God there was nothing there the next day! I wonder who Jeffery is and if he ever got to see his love letter. So weird......

~Joan

14 comments:

Hccm February 24, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Maybe that was a wife stalking her cheating husband and she got the wrong room.

I tried.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Crazee Juls February 24, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

LOL! ...Yeah you have some pretty strange/funny/random/hilarious things going on with you ....so, seriously: you better watch out...you never know when the tee tee bug will hit.
Yes, if only I could quit laughing because of all of the crazeeness in my life..and not ever jump on trampolines...then I think I would be cured forever from my little "issue"

Hccm February 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

As a devoted SITSta, I am of course committed to showing comment love to those that follow me. Today, I am visiting your blog to say thanks for being a follower! Copy and paste this comment and head over to Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha to enter my giveaway.

-Wenda

More Than Words February 24, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

I'm sure there's a logical explanation for that, but girl.......I WOULD BE FREAKING OUT TOO!!!!!!! I'm a major scardey cat, and after watching one too many horror flicks back in the day, I don't know what I would have done!!!!

Anonymous,  February 24, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Girl, did you actually stay in that room another night? I would have had to ask for another room. Meetings would have been cut short. I don't play that nonsense. Nooooo!!!!

Anonymous,  February 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Man is that crazy. Did you request another room. I would have.

The move is almost over, but we do have internet. I'm hoping to be done today. We just gotta move out the kitchen stuff. Thank God we only moved around the corner.

kel February 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

That is too damn creepy!

Anonymous,  February 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Creepy! I have a friend trying to become a psychic and she went to a psychic training where they stayed in a haunted hotel, all kinds of freaky stuff happened.

3 Bay B Chicks February 24, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

Um, gasp. I would have been the girl streaking naked down the hall if I had seen that. You are a much braver soul than I. Seriously.

I am still recovering from Disney's Watcher in the Woods movie that I saw at my first slumber party in the 7th grade.

Never stay at that hotel again. Never.

-Wenda

Lucia February 24, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Yea, if Ashton didn't show up, I'd have hightailed it out of there quick! Creepy indeed...

Shanda February 24, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

Hmmm, sounds like someone skipped wiping down the mirror while cleaning! ;) Sorry you had to have the scare, but it was a great story!

Ryan Ashley Scott February 24, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

Running down the hall nekkid (as my gran would say) might be excuse enough for employees to punk the guests. Just sayin. :)

Unknown February 25, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Creepy! And you stayed another night there? Smiles! I'm sure it was from the previous guest - you probably should be freaked out that they didn't clean the room good. LOL.

CG March 1, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

Only you Mrs. Murphy!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP