Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spiritual Sunday on Monday: Heart Songs

I'm a little late, but I just had to share yesterday's worship experience with you. At Impact Church, our motto is "Doing Church Differently," and that's exactly what we did yesterday. Each pastor chose their favorite love song, and the praise and worship team sang all of the favorite songs. The pastors all explained why they chose the songs and how their love songs can be applied to their love for God. It was truly an awesome experience, and my video below does not give it justice. They sang everything from Stevie Wonder's "All I Do" to LL Cool J's "I Need Love." I apologize for the horrible quality of the video, but I took it from my phone. Hope you enjoy anyway!

~Joan

8 comments:

Crazee Juls February 15, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

COOL! COOL! COOL! That's really a neat idea. Thanks for sharing the video.

Shanda February 16, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

I'm having "issues" trying to view the video (most likely due to our internet connectivity & speed) but it does sound like a very cool idea!

Ryan Ashley Scott February 16, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

What a wonderful idea! Music has a way of touching your heart. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous,  February 16, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

What a neat idea.

jmt February 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

Hi there. :) I'm traveling over from SITS roll call. I think this way of expressing love is a great idea. It's always nice to see refreshing ideas being tried in church. Happy Pres Day!

More Than Words February 17, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Hey there! I think that's cool! There are so many secular songs that could be used to give God the glory!! I wish I could make out the sound better, but I'm sure it was awesome!!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP