Monday, February 2, 2009

Motivational Monday: Who's in your Fave 5?

This week's Motivational Monday Fave 5 is my top 5 speakers who motivate me:


1. President Barack Obama (Duh!)--This remarkable man has not only captured the attention of our nation, but he has the attention of the whole world!



2. Olu Brown (Lead Pastor at Impact Church)--Olu is the pastor at my church and has a way of reaching all audiences when he preaches. If you click on the link you can listen to his sermons.



3. Maya Angelou--Maya Angelou is my favorite author and poet. She has so much wisdom and such a peace about her.



4. Michael Eric Dyson--M.E.D. is a dynamic speaker, and I often find myself grabbing for a dictionary when he speaks. His oration is just so eloquent and intelligent, yet down to earth. He makes you want to step up your game.


5. Joel Osteen--Joel Osteen is the famous pastor of Lakewood church in Texas. I love the positive messages he sends through his sermons. He has a calmness about him that just makes you want to listen when he speaks.

Who's in your Fave 5?

~Joan

13 comments:

Hccm February 2, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

1. Tyler
2. Jordan
3. Roman
4. Kyndle
5. Brooklyn

My 5 children motivate me each day!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Anonymous,  February 2, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

1) Your sister Christie
2) Dr. Wayne Dyer
3) Eckhart Tolle
4) Pema Chodron
5) Some of my clients!

Ryan Ashley Scott February 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Hmm... I will have to think on this one. Maybe I should try to find someone to motivate me - I can't seem to get any work done. :)

Unknown February 2, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Oh, I share your favs, although I am not familiar with your Pastor. Guess I will have to listen to some of his sermons. Maya Angelou spoke at my college graduation - that was incredible!

Anonymous,  February 2, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

I share you favs to add to that, I have to put my Bishop, Bishop Glen A. Staples. He is a teacher preacher and I love it. He makes me feel that I too can become somebody great. Ed Young is another pastor that I enjoy listening too. Sometimes it's not only speakers but those who are willing to share info and kind words, that includes you. You are certainly inspiring me to do what I need to do and Christie Crowder as well. I have been inspired by the network of bloggers that I have ran into, both long lasting relationships and those that weren't.

Anonymous,  February 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

And I thought you meant my cell phone as I just changed one person.

I'll agree with your number one being mine as well, President Obama.

2. My Grandmother. She's my hero. she raised me.

3. My kids and husband. I know, this is starting to sound generic.

4. Myself being a VP of Youth Cheerleading. I get to mentor at least 75/80 girls and I'm glad when I make a difference in one life.

5. My best friend Michelle. Even though she lives on the West Coast and I live on the East, she's just my guuurrrlll. My soulmate, my other part of me. Do you know what I mean?

Thanks for asking.

More Than Words February 2, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Oh, I like this meme! I'll have to do this one day!!!

My fave 5?

My kiddos!! :)

from the desk of ....me February 2, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

I am motivated by a desire to be a blessing to other people, more specifically to "fill at least one person's bucket daily."

angie February 2, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Great list! Congrats on being Saucy!

Wisconsin Parent February 2, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Hello from SITS. Great inspiration, great blog.

RebeccaMom February 3, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

oh, this is interesting...
I love Maya Angelou, and I have not heard of Olu, I will have to listen to some of his preaching! I stopped by from SITS to congratulate you on being saucy! Hope you have a great day:)

Daddy's Boo Portraits February 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

That's a really good list, the only person I would add would be Oprah.

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP