Thursday, February 26, 2009

Freestyle Friday: I Heart NY!

It's Freestyle Friday which means I'm writing about whatever. I've been traveling back and forth to NY for work, and I am now on my second trip. Here are some pics from my first trip. Enjoy!


So I'm looking up at this sign on the subway car that says, "Sexual harrassment is a crime on the subway too. Just because the subway is crowded does not mean it's okay to be touched inappropriately. Please report any sexual harrassment to the MTA police." Wow! It never dawned on me that people would be trying to get cheap feels on the subway, but I guess it is kinda convenient for a pervert when everybody's all scrunched up on the train butt to butt and butt to--well anyway, you get the picture. It's just sad that's all because it must be a pretty common problem if they had to put signs up about it.

Times Square subway station is huge! I had to walk from one side to the other to get to work every day.


New York subways make me want to take a shower immediately!


Nobody seems to care about the sign that tells you not to push the doors open. Doors close on you and you just tough it out. Pushing is perfectly normal in the NY subway.



Here's a picture of Times Square at night. This is the only day I got to do something besides work.


Times Square

Here's NY's finest on horse patrol. You can't see it, but this horse was foaming and slobbering at the mouth something terrible! This lady just kept petting away ignoring the nasty horse spit.



I decided to take a trip to NY's Hell's Kitchen since I'm such a fan of the show. However, I was not aware that there is a whole neighborhood in NY called Hell's Kitchen. When I arrived at what I thought should have been the restaurant, imagine my dismay when I saw this hardware store. I was so upset because I thought I had been deceived by my internet search. The man inside the stor assured me the restaurant was down the street.......and it was. Every store on that street is called Hell's Kitchen something or other.


Sorry, I was so hungry that my greedy behind started eating before I could take a picture. Those are scallops on tostada chips with sweet potato puree with guacamole (sounds strange I know, but it was delicious). In front of that plate are some cornbread thingies and a really good black bean dip.


This butternut squash soup with chile and marscapone cheese warmed my heart!


OMG! I almost died and went to pumpkin heave after eating this pumpkin bread pudding topped with cinnamon ice cream with strawberries, blueberries, and a dulce de leche sauce. Delectable! Did I ever tell you how much I love pumpkin and it's the only reason I can live through the winter?


This is the Louis Vuitton store inside of Bloomingdales.


You can't tell from this picture, but Bloomingdales has 10 floors! I'm glad I don't like to shop because I would have lost my mind. I even had to fight the urge......it just seemed like the right thing to do with all these great stores surrounding me.


H&M


All of these people were standing outside of Vickie's so that they could get autographs from some of the models inside. I decided to pass since it was cold and I had never heard of any of the models anyway. I stayed just a couple of blocks away from all of these stores in the heart of Midtown Manhattan in a fabulous apartment. I so wish I could show you pictures, but since it's not my apartment I can't. Stay tuned for more adventures in New York!

~Joan

13 comments:

Crazee Juls February 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

how glamorous! I'm jealous I've always wanted to visit NYC

from the desk of ....me February 27, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

hey where's the picture of a man dressed up like an alien or the subway performers? that's my favorite part of visiting ny is seeing all the talent on the subway.

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

Whenever I go to NYC on business I love roaming the streets. It's amazing isn't it?!

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

f all the places I have been I have not actually stepped foot in NYC. FYI, random useless info- a horse slobbering like there's no tomorrow is a good thing!

Ryan Ashley Scott February 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

You almost went shopping, even though you don't like shopping. That must be some store! NYC sounds wonderful - and kind of gross, but I'm sure that's just the subway part.

More Than Words February 28, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

That was so cool!!! I enjoyed looking at all the pictures, especiallly the food ones..LOL!!

Can't wait for more pics!!

Lucia February 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

So cool! NYC is a world unto itself huh? My daughter went there and took in 7 plays in 7 days! I guess theater there is huge..hehe..

Those scallops looked killer!!

Dorkys Ramos March 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

I'm enjoying your take on this city! Hope it hasn't been too crazy on you :)

Yes, I read that same poster every now and then and shake my head. There are some sick people out there. The Times Square station is right by my job and yes, it's a ginormous maze. And that pumpkin dessert looks so yummy!

CG March 1, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

I'm just flat out jealous!

Shanda March 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

The food looked amazing! We've had a couple of great NYC trips. There is always more to do/see!

Anonymous,  March 4, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

I love, love, love NYC! I haven't been in over 15 years. Too long.

By the way I was sexually assaulted on a subway. Two big men saw it and literally threw the perv off the subway. Chivalry at its finest.

Anonymous,  March 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

You know I'm originally from New York. I miss it so much, but would never live there again (if given a choice).

Anonymous,  March 7, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

Looks like you had a FABULOUS time! I'm planning a trip to New York soon. Glad to have these tips and pics.

Another thing I'm glad to have is access to my home computer from my lappie. I get to go anywhere thanks to Go Everywhere. Check it out on your next trip to the city!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP