Monday, February 9, 2009

Grammy's Gossip

I apologize for my absence in the blog world, but I'm working in NY and my apartment has no internet! I promise I'll be around later to give some comment love and catch up with all of my faithful readers. I normally don't do this but, okay, here's my Grammy's Gossip:
• Poor Whitney is still acting like a crack head. Why do they keep letting her speak?
• I am so happy for Jennifer Hudson, but her 1st dress was a hot mess. Her 2nd one was much better and she did a wonderful tribute to all of those who supported her through her time of mourning.
• I bet Boyz II Men never thought they’d be singing back up for Al Green and Justin Timberlake.
• Jay-Z and Cold Play collabo…….what?! I liked the performance, but what’s up with the lead singer’s high waters?
• Al B Sure’s son is the spitting image of him, yet he’s always with Diddy. What’s up with that? I know he’s Kim Porter’s son, but I find it peculiar that that he’s always with Diddy and not his own Daddy.
• Carrie Underwood ripped it. You go girl!
• Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrrus sounded horrible! Ouch! My ears are still ringing!
• Who the hell is Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (Best Collaboration w/ Vocals and Album of the year)?
• I don’t get the craze over the Jonas Brothers. Are they like the modern day New Kids on the Block or New Edition? Maybe not because they play instruments. They strike me as boys who would have otherwise been geeks, but now that they’re famous, they’re super cool and cute.
• Kissed a girl chick didn’t seem to do so well live.
• I can’t stand Kanye West’s new look. He looks like a fricken clown! The 1982 look is so not cute.
• Who is Adele? She seems interesting. She should have combed her hair though and she definitely should not have been smacking on that gum. How tacky! I like the song she performed.
• MIA’s “Swagger Like Us”……..um eww! She was like 9 months pregnant and half naked. Was I the only one who was frightened by this performance? All I could think of was her water breaking on Lil Wayne’s Air Force Ones.
• What—no Beyonce? What’s a Grammy’s without Beyonce? Did her album not make the cut-off date or something?
• Sugarland is really growing on me. I really like their song “Stay”.
• I liked Radiohead’s performance even though I couldn’t understand what the hell he was saying.
• J.T and T.I…..loved it!
• Was it just me or did they give out like 10 lifetime achievement awards?
• Nice tribute to the Fours Tops.
• I must admit I had no idea that Neil Diamond was singing “Sweet Caroline” until he got to the chorus.
• Lil Wayne and Robin Thicke’s Hurricane Katrina song and the tribute to NO music was awesome!
• Stevie Wonder shows up everywhere and I never get tired of him. He’s timeless!

Overall, I really enjoyed the Grammy’s. I actually watched the whole thing. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before. What are your thoughts on this year’s Grammy Awards?

~Joan

14 comments:

Hccm February 9, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Girl,the mess with Rhianna and Chris Brown is just too much!

MIA was wrong! She should have been at home!

What are you doing in NY?

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Ryan Ashley Scott February 9, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

I don't usually (ever) watch the Grammy's (just don't care who sings what - if I like it, I listen) but you just made me wish I knew more about this stuff! Yeah, I'll admit to being a sucker for a smidgeon of celeb gossip every now and then, and this was the perfect amount! Thanks for the fix.

kel February 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

I love Adele! that girl has some pipes!

More Than Words February 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Hey girl! There you are!!

I have not watched the Grammy's for years, but thanks for the recap!!

Oh my gosh, I didn't even know Al B Sure had a son!

LOLOL..when I think of him, it makes me automatically think of my husband because one of his first songs was "Night and Day", and well, that was "our" song back in the day!!! I was 19 and my husband was 17!!!!!!!! Crazy, huh? That was in 1988!

Anonymous,  February 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

I completely missed the grammys and I am so mad. Thank you for this recap.

CG February 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

I cannot believe I forgot about the Grammies and I know why...You were not here to remind me!! It's always good when I forget to watch! Poop!

Shanda February 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

I didn't watch the Grammy's and typically am not all that concerned with celebrities.

That said; I have been wondering about the Jonas Brothers myself! I love that their family has worked together for their success, and they seem like good kids; but I was asking the same thing as you!

Ali February 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

I missed the Grammy's too but I love Sugarland and when iTunes came out, one of the first songs I bought was Al B Sure's Night and Day for my 80s mix!

from the desk of ....me February 10, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

i saw some of grammy's but omgoodness i LOVED reading your commentary. it was really hilarious.

fyi,my teenager told me chris brown lost it because rhianna gave him herpes.

Ryan Ashley Scott February 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

If you meant that you'd like to participate, your letter will be Y. :) It does make for a good "do-ahead/on-hand" meme for those days when you have nothing else.

Lucia February 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

That was funny and spot on! Why DO they let Whitney still perform? On principle alone, that woman shouldn't sing!

I do like Adele, she's amazing.

Thanks for the recap!

Anonymous,  February 10, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Will you do the Oscars too. Good job. You filled me in from the 10 hour on. I don't like Kayne's new look. The answer to Kim Porter's son and Diddy. Ummmm, Diddy has the money. Where is Al B anyway?? Come back soon I miss you.

The Blonde Duck February 11, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

I couldn't get past the first one without laughing! Love it!

I moved! Come see me at www.aduckinherpond.com.

Ryan Ashley Scott February 11, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

You have been tagged for an Honest Scrap Award on my blog! Come pick it up anytime you'd like.

Yeah, considering you haven't been on here in a few days, I'm guessing you are pretty busy and maybe I'm giving you too much to do outside of your regularly scheduled programming. You can feel free to just grab the button without the meme. :)

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP