Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Before I met my hubby he had a motorcycle that got stolen. He always wanted another one, but I was totally against it because I think they're too dangerous. I even threatened to shave my head bald if he bought one (I know, real mature, right). This year I finally gave in to the motorcycle because I was sick of it being an issue and I knew he really wanted one. I even said I might ride if he buys me a pink helmet ;)

So yesterday, I was thinking to myself, tomorrow is going to be a nice day, so he'll probably ride his motorcycle. Let me make some small talk about it and show him some support to let him know I am no longer bitter about the bike:

Me: Are you going to ride your bike tomorrow?

Hubby: (sarcastic laugh) Why? What's going on?

Me: Nothing. I was just wondering if you were going to ride your bike.

Hubby: (annoyed) Where is this going? What do you need to do tomorrow? Do you need the car for something?

Me: No! I was just curious. Why are you so paranoid? You are looking way too deep into this.

Hubby: No. Why are you talking around the subject? Just ask me what you really want to ask. I don't like when you indirectly try to ask me something.

Me: I don't do that. You do that. I was just asking a question...trying to make small talk, but I'll just stop talking now.

Hubby: Well, I do do that, but I won't do it anymore because I don't like when you do it.

Me: I'm not doing it! Just making small talk...

Hubby: That's not small talk. Small talk is, 'Hey. How ya doing?' I know what this is about. You heard me on the phone talking to my friend about our bikes, but you don't want to admit that's what this is about.

Me: Okay, psycho! I'm so not talking to you anymore!

The thing is, I know he was acting like this because he had plans to ride his bike. I was completely fine with that. Anyway, luckily we get on each other's nerves all the time and it usually ends with someone being called "psycho" and then we go about our normal lives. I can count on one hand the number of times we have actually gone to bed upset with each other and still have a few fingers left over. Have you ever had a conversation like this with your spouse or significant other?

Now I know why I never witnessed my grandparents have a conversation in 20 years ;)

~Joan

13 comments:

Stesha April 9, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

Are we married to the same man?

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

btw-video fixed.

Crazee Juls April 9, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

only like maybe every other day... but our subject is usually "golf" :)

CG April 9, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

Let me just say...you both are psycho! Mind you it is a source of side-splitting laughter for me, but yest...both...psycho! (JK) Oh and on the conversation question...I'm gonna just plead the 5th.

Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, CPC April 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

It's not you. Men have 2 heads, 1 brain, and the blood can only flow to 1 @ a time...

More Than Words April 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!! My husband doesn't beat around the bush, but I tend to do that (sometimes). I'll say one thing, but I'll mean another, but he always knows when I do that. But, there are times we'll be joking around and we will say, "You're psycho!" That is too funny!!!

Oh...LOL, and regarding my picture thingy on my blog..I know..you're so right!! I even hesitated on putting that one up because I was like, "That looks like every week!" But, I just realized (after looking at other peoples blogs) that I can put a picture up of me and anyone else! LOL!!

Grand Pooba April 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Ha! Okay, my husband does the same thing. "Why are you asking?" "What do you really want?"

Hello? I'm just sayin!

And my hubby has a bike too and I'm crazy because he got in an accident and I let him get another one after!

Ryan Ashley Scott April 9, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Oh, man, I know what you mean! If I ask my husband what he wants for dinner, he's all like, "why? You don't want to cook?" or "What, do you think I need a diet?" or something totally off the wall weird like he always thinks I"m trying to trick him! What's that about? No, it isn't just you.

Anonymous,  April 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Deja vu. I feel like I've had these same conversations here!

Felicia - I complete Me April 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

The Joys of marriage!!!! I tell you men are retarded. They get all paranoid when you are asking them something. I call my hubby hormonal or I say stop acting like a girl.

Grand Pooba April 9, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Ok, I love your "drive by commenters" term. And as far as the alcohol goes? We'll never tell ;o)

Mocha Dad April 16, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Poor hubby. I'm here to stand with the brother.

Shanda April 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

Too funny...did you read my Monday post? ;)

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP