Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm Back...For Now

Where have I been? I've been working, staying in crappy hotels, dealing with crappy attitudes, suffering from internet deprivation, and spending countless hours in airports. Am I upset? NO! I am happy to be back in the blogosphere for the time being.

While I was away, you all kept up your dedication to the sphere and I managed to win an award a contest, and receive a nice shout!

Thanks to Juls at Every Day is a Crazee Day and all of you, this post landed me my first contest win ever--the Does This Make Me Crazee award. Juls is sending me a lovely Scrabble Tile pendant from Word Designs.

Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, CPC at My Life Coach Tara just finished her first e-book, and I had the privilege of editing it. Today I opened up her blog, and to my surprise, her most recent post was entitled Joanofalltrades. She gave me a great shout, so a BIG THANKS to you Tara.


Also, a special thanks goes out to Shanda at A Teachable Heart for donning me with another Honest Scrap Award. I will play along, so here are 7 honest things about me that also may increase your crazee thoughts about me:

1. When I am in the New York subway I feel gross. Gross like stuff is crawling all over me gross. It's almost unbearable.
2. I played and coached girl's basketball, but I much rather watch the Men's NCAA tourney and the NBA playoffs than their female counterparts (I know--sorry ladies).
3. (Sorry, I can't resist) As I'm typing this post, my husband just burped into his shirt and I guess he got too big a whiff and he just said, "Oh my God" with this disgusted look on his face. LOL! I'm glad I am sitting across the room so I didn't have to smell that.
4. Eating is my favorite pastime.
5. I'm addicted to reality TV.
6. I'm glad I'm allergic to animals since my husband wants cats and dogs. Sorry, my health comes first honey :)
7. I can't wait to hear the wonderful announcement The Chatterbox has for us on her show tomorrow at 10am EST.

Okay, I'm supposed to pass this to 7 people, but most of you have received this award. So, if there are any of you out there who have not received it yet, it's yours. You're welcome!

BTW: If you haven't checked out any of the above mentioned ladies' blogs, what are you waiting for? Go on and show them some love! They are saying fabulous things and uplifting me every day!

~Joan

14 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott April 5, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Congratulations on the award, of course, and the beautiful tile pendant. Your "crazee" post was prize-worthy.

Good to see you again. :)

Leslie April 5, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

Oh, welcome back. Hope you can stay a bit.

Congrats on your awards!

Have a great week. I'll be checking in!

More Than Words April 5, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Hey there!! It's so good to read a comment from you!!!!

LOL about the subway in NY and about your husbands burping! What is it w/ men and burping??? LOL!

Congrats on your win and your award!!!!

Crazee Juls April 6, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

....Thanks for the shout outs... Is it crazee that I get so excited when I see my name on someone else's blog... I start blushing and pointing at the computer screen ....and say, "Look, it's me..." Yeah, I'm pretty crazee.

Glad your back-and I always wanted to ride the subway in New York...yes, I'm crazee... I just want to go to New York period....watch a broadway show... Stalk David Letterman (who I have a huge crush on)... sing and dance in central park...you know, the usual..

3 Bay B Chicks April 6, 2009 at 2:57 AM  

You are back! Sorry to read about your lack of internet connection. That must be hard. :)

-Francesca

kel April 6, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Glad you're back! and aren't guys gross???

Anonymous,  April 6, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Wow, you have been gone for a while. Glad to have you back.

Felicia - I complete Me April 6, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Welcome back and congrats on the award. Just to let you know I as a native New Yorker I am hurt that you feel gross on our trains. :(

Unknown April 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

Glad you're back! Woot, woot!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Shanda April 6, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Welcome back! We missed you! Did you see that it was a 2 for 1 deal with your blog awards? I was giving you the "Your Blog is Fabulous" as well! (I liked the idea of combining the glamorous with the "Honest Scrap!" Sorry if that was confusing!!)

You are SO right about the blog love from SITS! It is downright overwhelming! (in a good way of course!)

Congratulations on your other award (win) as well!!

CG April 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Welcome back! I for one missed you a lot! Congratulations on your well deserved kudos!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP