Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Family Ties Part 2: The Verdict

You may want to read yesterday's post to understand the story behind today's.



Well, those of you who guessed that my brother-in-law is in his 30's were close, but no cigar. He will actually be 41 this year! I know........SAD! Also, the dog really did only have one puppy. It's rare, but apparently it does happen from time to time. Anyway, I contemplated not doing these posts about him because I didn't want him to read them and get offended. Then I remembered that he just discovered the internet a couple of months ago (Oh wow! The internet has everything! I can find people I haven't talked to in a long time too!") and figured I'd be safe. Oh, did I mention when he came to visit us on Thanksgiving that he actually drove to the airport to purchase his plane ticket. I almost peed on myself when my husband told me this. What is wrong with that man?! I guess everyone is unique in their own way!



~Joan

11 comments:

Crazee Juls April 8, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

What!? THere's an easier way to buy airline tickets.... Hmmm, I'll have to get enlightened...
I kid I kid. I guessed 30..but wasn't even close.

CG April 8, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

Even before the internet you could buy tickets over the phone! Driving to the airport...CLASSIC!

jmt April 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

It sounds like he is just...old school? My dad still doesn't really understand the internet, so I would say he hasn't "discovered" it yet either. The closest he comes to computing anything is with a calculator...and even then, he typically does the math in his head.

Tara S. Dickherber, M.Ed, CPC April 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I still say keep the puppy adopt him to someone! ;)~ I'm evil I know!

More Than Words April 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Oh my gosh.....that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny!!

Lora April 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

oh, that's beyond fabulous. haha.

Leslie April 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

Too funny. That's what happens when we marry. We inherit the relatives.

Thanks for stopping by and entering my first giveaway! Good luck!

Crazee Juls April 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

I promise... All of those random pics are the same ole' me.. Nothing to write home about. HA HA! :) Yeah, the hubs sometimes forgets when I'm like..."Hey why don't you do this ...and let me take a pic.." that it's probably going on the blog... Oh well!

Ryan Ashley Scott April 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

The ol' tinernet is a tricky thing. ;) The older a person is, the easier it is to believe he doesn't have any idea about computers... but 41 is not that old. I might have peed myself, too. (my grandma asked me the other day "what's that tweetie all about?" - meaning twitter).

(oh, and sorry about the name-calling. I was trying to work you in somewhere and imagine that - you got to be a dirty mind. Ahahah!)

Unknown April 9, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

I knew he was grown! Too funny. You'll so have to post about what happens when he does discover your blog.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Felicia - I complete Me April 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

That is seriously funny. I cannot believe he drove to the airport. It's okay my mother-in-law always ask us how will she get her ticket if she pays for it online. Each and every time she ask us this.

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP