Monday, June 1, 2009

NOT ME Monday

This is NOT my first NOT ME Monday. I am NOT overjoyed and so appreciative of all of the birthday love I got last week because I did NOT spend my birthday completely alone in a hotel and all of the love did NOT totally lift my spirits. I did NOT cry for the second time after reading my sister’s tribute to me on her blog.
This is not a picture of me bundled up like an Eskimo on an airplane when it was over 80 degrees outside.



That air pouring out of the vents is NOT the reason I am NOT bundled up like an Eskimo in that picture. I absolutely do NOT hate being cold! Those bags that are NOT under my eyes are NOT a result of the fire alarm going off at 4am in my hotel. I did NOT take the time to get my wedding ring, earrings, cell phone, purse, and car keys before I evacuated. I also did NOT purposely leave both of my laptops in the hotel room because I was NOT secretly wishing they would burn up in a fire, so I could get a break from work; that would be ridiculous! (BTW: False alarm)


I did NOT grunt loudly and obnoxiously when the woman sitting next to me on the plane failed to cover her mouth when she coughed—NOT ME. I would NOT be that rude.


I’m NOT sitting on a different plane right now typing this post because we are not being held on the runway by air traffic control for two hours. There is NOT a baby screaming to the top of her lungs. There are NOT a whole bunch of people complaining loudly about how ridiculous it is that we have to wait. They are NOT getting on my fricken nerves! I do NOT wish they all would shut up and go to sleep.


This is NOT a picture of the phone in the hotel room I’m staying in this week. Where the heck are the rest of the buttons?!

I am NOT anxious about hearing who won The Blog Rollers’ 4th Wheel Contest. Do NOT click here if you want to see the video I submitted. I am NOT totally annoyed that Twilight won every single MTV movie award (weren't there any other movies out this year). I did NOT just finish my very first Google video chat with my husband and we were both NOT amazed at how cool it was. We were also NOT kicking ourselves for not doing this sooner. I would NOT rather be home with my husband right now.

~Joan

11 comments:

Unknown June 1, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

OMG! That was NOT the saddest Not Me Monday I have ever read...and yet still very funny! Hang in there punkin'

Crazee Juls June 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

I think that was the best...funniest..saddest...grouchiest not me I've ever read. :) I loved it!

I'm so glad that those things did not happen to you!! :)

BIG HUGS!

Jennifer June 1, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

haha, ok you're funny! I was annoyed by the Twilight awards too, I mean I loved the books but common... The movie sucked!

I hate being cold too. Not fun.

jmt June 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Where ARE the rest of the buttons?? Very good question. I would have handed the coughing lady a package of kleenex and ask that she use those next time she thinks she might cough on me. I'm mean like that. :)

Felicia - I complete Me June 1, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

I hope you are having a good day. And where are all the buttons to that phone.

3 Bay B Chicks June 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Someday you will have to tell me what you do for a living that requires you to travel so much. In my "former life", I traveled a lot too and definitely can relate.

I have to echo what your sis said, though. Definitely one of the saddest NMM's, but also one of the best...and I have read tons of them. :)

-Francesca

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane June 1, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

What a lousy Monday! Hope you are finally off that plane and defrosting somewhere nice with your husband!

Unknown June 3, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

I am NOT trippin' off of that phone. Classic.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Ryan Ashley Scott June 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Awww, poor thing! Sounds like you had quite a rough week. I hope things are looking better by now.

(what's up with that phone?)

Jaime July 16, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Kel, This was too funny. I know I shouldn't be laughing because you sound like you weren't having a great time, but boy did your writing make me laugh:-)

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP