Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! This is a random post, but who cares. It's Christmas!

Just finished the little bit of Christmas shopping I had and managed to get all gifts $10 and under (patting myself on the back).

Bought some much needed maternity clothes. My bras and underwear were cutting off my circulation and something needed to be done (was that TMI?)!

I managed to almost give my husband a heart attack. How, you ask? I placed my laptop on the edge of my dresser (dumb, I know). Then instead of detaching the cord from the computer first, I picked it up by the other end. Suddenly the laptop began to spin off of the dresser. I rushed to catch it and...."HONEY, NO!!!!!!!!" screamed my husband. He scared me about half to to death because I'm not sure I've ever heard him scream that loud. The first scream was followed by a, "DAMN THE COMPUTER. LET IT FALL!" Well, I did end up dropping it anyway. I apologized and told my husband I was fine. It was just a reflex. You must understand his concern though. You see I don't have one of those cute 1/2 pound Macbooks. I have a 2003 Dell Inspiron 6000 which weighs almost as much as a desktop. Not to mention, I'm six months pregnant.

My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. Running a close second is Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli's rendition of What Child is This.



I hope you all have a very blessed holiday full of joy and new memories!

~Joan

13 comments:

Crazee Juls December 24, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

:) Be careful with your cute six month pregnant self!! No wonder hubby almost had a heart attack. Hope your christmas is merry and bright. It's snowing here in TX.

Ms. Wanda December 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Has it been six months! Girl your in the home stretch now:) Thank you for sharing the video, OMG I loved that and Mary wow she is timeless. It's funny while I was watching her I thought of Whitney, hmmm!
Merry Christmas and maybe Santa may have pity on you and get you that new light weight Mac:)

xoxox
Ms. Wanda

Krystal Grant December 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

No, No, No! Let the lap top fall. Don't jiggle the baby!

Leslie December 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Hope you are enjoying your holiday. Merry Christmas!

Unknown December 26, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Hey Girlie, just stopping by to say Hi!!!! Missing all of you!!!!

Grand Pooba December 26, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Oh my goodness, just let the computer fall! Your husband is so cute.

I'm glad you and your baby are okay!

Merry Christmas!

More Than Words December 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

I love that song too!!

And yes...be careful, friend!! Our bodies don't move as quick as when we're not prego, and you don't want to hurt yourself, and the baby. But, I'm glad you are fine!

I'm so happy that you guys like the enchiladas!!! You never know who will actually try the recipe..LOL!

Radical Selfie December 26, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Your baby bump is adorable! I hope your Christmas with hubby, baby (even though in-utero), and the family was wonderful!!

Stesha December 27, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

I'm with hubby. Let it fall. Enjoy the holidays!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Dorkys Ramos December 28, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Oh wow close call, but I understand the reflex move! Your poor husband, lol!

Hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas together :)

jmt January 4, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Hey, just consider that catch a reflex for when baby comes. LOL

Justice Fergie January 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

that is TOTALLY my favorite Christmas song too. I can't hear it enough :) happy new year!

Mayhem and Moxie January 15, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Where, oh where, has little Joan gone? Oh where, oh where can she be?

Are you still out there somewhere in blogland? You must come back! Would love to catch up with you and see your latest pregnancy pics.

How are you feeling??

Take good care!
Francesca

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP