Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy New Year!

Okay, so I know I'm like 3 weeks late, but better late than never!

Here is my 6 months picture (notice I am sporting the Macy's Path to Peace O bracelet that my sister gave me for Christmas). I just turned 7 months this week. Unfortunately, I've already gained all of the weight I'm supposed to gain for the whole pregnancy, and I still have 3 months to go. I guess I'm eating too much. I just love food though. Somebody stop me! The nurse literally had to weigh me twice because she thought the scale was wrong or that she had read it incorrectly. Sorry. The scale does not lie (isn't that what the host of Celebrity Fit club always says). Anyway, my second trimester rocked! Now that I'm entering the third trimester, life is getting increasingly difficult. Putting on socks, shoes and underwear, shaving, cleaning, and walking up steps, all seem like Olympic sports these days. And a good comfortable night's rest is a thing of the past. I can't complain too much because I have had a really uneventfully pleasant pregnancy, so thank God for that. I hope you all have had a great start to your new year.

**Prayers for Haiti: Click the button in my left sidebar to donate to disaster relief for the people in Haiti. May God bless our brothers and sister in Haiti!


~Joan

12 comments:

More Than Words January 16, 2010 at 2:58 AM  

You look great!!

Yes, 2nd trimesters are always the best (for most people). The 3rd gets harder, and you're more anxious to have the baby!!

The best advice I can give you is to rest as much as you can now!! :0

Unknown January 16, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

You look fabulous! So glad that things are going well. Continue to enjoy it!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

from the desk of ....me January 16, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

look at you looking all stylish with your poncho....you go mommy!!!!

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

You are looking Tres Chic my dear. Because boys are lower it does make things a little more challenging. Wear slip on shoes. Let hubby shave your legs.

BessieAkuba January 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Awe, you do look fabulous! Love that sweater by the way!

Anonymous,  January 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

You look beautiful!


My friend has two babies in Haiti that she is adopting. Their orphanage crumbled and they are being looted. :(
We're praying they pass emergency visas so she can bring her babies home.

jmt January 17, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

The scales will be what they will be....so long as you continue to feed baby healthy things now and again, you can do what you want with the weight later. ;)

I'm looking foward to my next 2-3 month stretch...I am already feeling much better and hope to enjoy it until that 3rd tri strikes me too.

Happy New Year!

Krystal Grant January 18, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

I'm sure your 3rd trimester will go just as well as your 2nd. But you can forget about the shaving! LOL. I remember that I couldn't put on my socks or shoes after about 7 months. My hubby had to do it for me and I am so freaking ticklish that it took forever to get them on because he kept touching me feet!

TwinsanityMom - Janet January 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

You look wonderful! Absolutely glowing! Can't believe you are already 2/3 of the way there. :)

kristi January 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

I loved being pregnant with my son...my daughter was my first and a different story!

Unknown January 21, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

You look FABULOUS!!!! And I gained A LOT of weight when I was preggers...don't worry yourself, there's SO many other things 2 worry about!

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP