Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spiritual Sunday: In Pursuit of Positivity

To say that I dislike my job is an understatement. I am working in one of the worst possible places for a pregnant woman to be working right now, but somehow I have to find a way to find peace in this painful place. Every morning I pray the whole way to work, asking God to help me have a positive attitude and not to go off on anyone. However, each day it seems like the devil over takes my state of mind and I end up angry and stressed out. I know this is so unhealthy for me right now which is why I'm really trying to change. I think a lot of my negativity stems from frustration with my current situation. I would love to have the luxury to just say, "I quit. I don't need this stress, so I'm not going to work." Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury right now. I know I am not alone out here. I know there are other people out there who absolutely loathe their jobs. My question is: How do you remain positive in a sea of negativity? Thanks to a great friend that got my lazy butt up out of bed this morning, I tried out a new church today, and the message really moved me. One scripture in particular really spoke to me.

Work hard and cheerfully at all you do, just as though you were working for the Lord...remembering that it is the Lord Christ who is going to pay you, giving you your full portion of all He owns. He is the one you are really working for. And if you don't do your best for Him, He will pay you in a way you won't like--for He has no special favorites who can get away with shirking.
Colossians 3:23-25 (TLB)

AMEN! If I have to read this 100 times a day, I will make it a point to remember who I am really working for.

~Joan

5 comments:

Jaime November 2, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Kelly,
That is a great spiritual guide to use to help you get through the day. Also remeber that God has a plan for all of us, and right know, his plan for you is to be in the place that you are in. Find refuge in knowing that there is a rhyme and a reason for where you are. God would not put you in a place that he knows you can't handle. Try to find happines in even the little things like the smiles on the kids face when you are teaching them something new. Anyway, that's my two cents. Call me if you need some verbial encouragment. We can't have you a baby williams stressin out! Love you.

Unknown November 2, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

That was a great scripture. I hate knowing that you are working in such a stressful environment and wish I could do something about it. If I could pay you, you know I would :) Hang on to your faith...this is obviously preparing you for something great!

Anonymous,  November 2, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Girl that's hard one. Like you said, you can't just up and leave, not with the economy to day. The positive thing is you get to be away during maternity leave. Might give you a chance to look around for something so you don't have to go back to this job.

More Than Words November 2, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

The best advice I can give you is to continue praying. Pray before work, during, and after.

Galatians 5:16-"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Unknown November 2, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Been there, done that. Faith over comes a lot. So does having supportive friends and family! Drop me a line any time you need it! Seriously...

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP