Friday, November 20, 2009

Funny Friday: Weekend with the Peeps

Last weekend my dad and his wife came down for a visit. Here are a couple of the conversations that had me saying, WTH. Some of the best laughter I've had this year...

Conversation 1: While watching a tribute to Michael Jackson...
Dad's Wife: Who is Jamal?
Me, Hubs, & Sis: Huh?
Dad's Wife: He is always referring to somebody named Jamal in his songs and I wonder who this Jamal guy is.
Me: Do you mean when he says, "Shamon'?"
Sis: Yeah, you me "Shamon." It's like he is saying, "come on."
Everyone: laughter


Conversation 2: While watching a tribute to Michael Jackson (The Way You Make Me Feel video)...

Dad: Oh, isn't that Tavoy right there on the end?
Me, Hubs, & Sis: Tavoy?
Dad: Yeah! Look!
Me: You mean Latoya???
Dad: Oh yeah whatever...
Everyone: laughter


Conversation 3: Talking about the
Blogalicious 2009 Conference
Sis: India Arie even made a quick appearance at The Blogrollers' party.
Dad: Who's India Arie?
Everyone except Dad: OMG!!!!

Conversation 4: In car listening to India Arie...
Dad: I don't know if I like her?

Me: What do you mean? Why not?

Dad: Well, when we were watching her on TV it sounded like she was doing those...you know...drug chants.

Me: Drug chants? What the heck is a drug chant?


Dad: You know...like that rap stuff.


Me: OMG!!! Drug chants? Where did you even get that from? And India Arie is not a rap artist.


Dad: Was she the one with the short hair or the one with the big hair (
referring to Jill Scott)?

Me: She was the one with the short hair, but Jill Scott was the other one and she's not a rap artist either.


Dad: Well she sounded like she was doing drug chants.


Me:
Sigh. Shaking my head.
Hubs: So why are you calling it drug chanting?

Dad: Because all those rap guys do drugs.

Everyone except Dad: Big SIGH...laughter


Conversation #5: Talking about shooting guns
Hubs: We have plenty of deer out here.
Sis: They even have turkeys walking around.
Dad: Yeah. I remember riding bareback on a mule and shooting birds out of trees when I was a kid.
Me: WOW!
Everyone: laughter
*********************************************

I mean did he really say, "bareback on a mule?" What century was this man born in?

What is the funniest thing your parent has said to you in his/her old age?


~Joan

4 comments:

More Than Words November 20, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Oh my gosh, that was hilarious!!!! LOL about the rap guys!!

I remember when we were little, my dad used to tell us not to wear "cutex." My sister and I would be like, "Cutex?" He meant nailpolish! LOL

Banteringblonde November 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

tee hee I can't stop laughing!

CG November 22, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

And it is times like these where it really hits me that this man is my father...I am related to this person. Makes me sad for myself. But what a compliment to our mother! We obviously got the brains from her!

Anonymous,  November 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

I know I got my moms sense of humor. She says something hysterical on a daily basis but it's of course when I'm asked what is when I can't recall a thing. Your parents are so funny.

My best, Lynn

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP