Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Blogalicious--Believe It!

Um....WOW! That's the only way I can sum it up--WOW! This past weekend I had the privilege of attending the Blogalicious 2009 conference (social media conference for women of color and all who are interested) in Atlanta, GA. This is my first blogging conference, and it was truly awesome! Everyone who had been to other conferences said that Blogalicious was the best conference they had ever attended, from the camaraderie, to the swag, to the accommodations, to the sessions, to the food and entertainment. The fabulous Justices of the MamaLaw Media Group did it up big with style and class. I cried every time someone got up and gave a heartfelt speech (partly because they were moving and partly because my hormones are a mess due to the little person who has taken up residence inside of my body). We spent a jammed pack weekend full of networking, learning how to improve our blogs and social media presence, showing marketers that we do have a voice, partying, and connecting with some of the most inspirational women I have ever met in my life. Kudos to Nadia, Nyasha, and Stacie (MamaLaw Media Group)! You ladies have truly outdone yourselves. I can't wait until Blogalicious 2010 in Miami, FL!

Here are some pictures and highlights of the conference:


Disney Interactive's Luncheon on Saturday: We had a great New Orleans style lunch in honor of The Princess and the Frog which hits theaters November 25, 2009. Princess Tiana is Disney's first Black fairy tale princess. They also had the new Princess Tiana Wii game for us to test out.
Karen Walrond, author of The Beauty of Different. She's a dynamic and inspirational speaker who brought us all to our feet, and of course, me to tears.

Disney Interactive Luncheon

Marketing to women of color panelist discussion

Omanster and James Andrews aka KeyInfluencer djing The Blogrollers Party. It was off the hook! People are still talking about how fun it was. There were even some brief celebrity appearances. Congrats to Lorraine and Christie for throwing a fabulous party!

Justice Fergie on UStream at The Blogrollers' party.


The Chatterbox aka Christie aka 1/2 of The Blogrollers with Justice Fergie and Jonesie of Mamalaw.

The Justices of Mamlaw


Suave Brunch

The writing genius, Denene Millner of My Brown Baby brought the entire room to tears after hear heartfelt speech about her rise to fame and the loss of her beloved mother.


The new artist, Priscilla Renea put it down with 2 songs from her upcoming debut album Jukebox which drops on December 1, 2009.

Christie and Fiona of Bantering Blonde


Me and my big sis. We look a bit of a hot mess after crying our eyes out over Denene's speech and Priscilla's songs.

The Blogrollers with Gwen Peake of the Duck Walk.

8 comments:

CG October 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

ACK! You're holding out on me with these great pictures!! I am so glad you had such a great time and glad you got a glimpse into my crazy world.

Unknown October 14, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

Great pics "Joan." Glad your back in the blogging world, I have missed you!

jmt October 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

It looks like you had a great time. :) Glad to see you're squeezing in fun stuff before you get to be "bottled up" and wiping booties!

Justice Ny October 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

We're glad you had a good time and thanks for helping us out - we forgot to give you a big shout out. THANKS!!!!

Stesha October 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Next year, I will be in Miami with y'all. I can't wait. So many fab women to meet!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

More Than Words October 18, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

How fun for you (and for everyone else)!! If there is ever a blog convention here in my area, I will so be there!!!

Precious Gems October 19, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

I have written a blog you might be interested in. Take a peek!http://www.2blessed2bcursed.com/

Ms. Wanda October 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

Well hello! Ok, first of all I didn't know you had a BUN IN THE OVEN!!! The last time I saw you was in your Wedding Dress Post:)Congrat's Mommy!
Love the photo's wish I could have been there:) I'm soooooo excited for you:)

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP