Sunday, March 22, 2009

Aside...Please pardon my absence in the blogosphere. I've been traveling, working, and not sleeping. I am back now, and I've missed you all! Now on to Spiritual Sunday....

As you know I have no problem shamelessly plugging my place of worship, Impact Church. This time it's for a much greater cause. The church has partnered with Blood:Water Mission, a 501(c)3, in an effort to bring water to Africa. Millions of Africans are losing their lives because they don't have access to clean water. The cost of one well ($4500) can provide water for a village of 1000 people. If we all contribute a little, we can make a big difference!

Impact's worship team has produced a song, "Thirst No More"- featuring Isaac Carree of Men Of Standard, which can be downloaded for $1. 100% of the proceeds will benefit Blood:Water Mission. Click here to purchase the MP3 for $1 and help bring water to people in need in Africa and click here for more information about Blood: Water Mission. Please spread the word!




~Joan

16 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott March 22, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Have missed you, Joan. Hope you get some sleep soon - it's hard to function without that. I can't play the video right now, as we're in a hotel (yay for vacation 30 minutes from home!) and my boys are sleeping 5 feet away. But I will be back.

Crazee Juls March 22, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

...I was wondering where in the world you've been! :-) I purchased the mp3. Hopefully everyone will!

Crazee Juls March 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

BTW, missed ya...glad you're back!

Crazee Juls March 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

BTW, missed ya...glad you're back!

More Than Words March 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

That's where you've been!! LOL

What a great cause!! We have missionaries in Africa. In fact, they planted a Calvary Chapel in Entebbe. It's amazing how the Lord is working in so many areas there!!

CG March 23, 2009 at 5:46 AM  

Nice video. I too am glad you are back...I missed you lots!

Shanda March 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

I've missed you too girl! The song is wonderful. I was actually thinking a lot about this kind of thing when my son got hurt last week. We are so blessed to be able to run to the sink to wash our little ones up. We have clean towels to hold on their wounds. We can take a few steps to the freezer for a special boo boo ice pack & popsicle...made my heart sad for those moms who don't have that opportunity to care for their kids that way...

Unknown March 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

I have been meaning to check out Impact Church. I follow the pastor on twitter, he is a Morehouse brother and I occasionally read his blog too. Great cause.

from the desk of ....me March 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

thanks for sharing. this is a great idea.

Lucia March 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Great cause, actually my neighbor is doing something similar. So easy to take for granted the little things we enjoy sometimes.

Welcome back!

The Blonde Duck March 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

It looks like you have a wonderful church!

Anonymous,  March 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Welcome back! I missed you! This is great project and the song is great too.

Unknown March 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Glad you're back and kudos for supporting such a great cause.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Crazee Juls March 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Oh where oh where has my little Joan of all Trades gone...oh where oh where can she be....?

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog March 26, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

This sounds like a great cause and a great church! So happy you are back.

jmt March 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

This sounds like a great cause. I have so many things I want to do when my kids aren't sucking my wallet dry with daycare costs. I can't WAIT to spend on what I WANT instead of all necessities. :(

I took the 43 Things Personality Quiz and found out I'm a
Self-Improving Money Managing Extrovert

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP